21 Best Capsule MCQ with Frequenty Asked Questions about Capsules Dosage Form
1. Chemically “gelatine” is,
D. None of the Above
2. Smallest size of the Capsule is denoted by which number?
3. Which of the following steps are involved in manufacturing of “Hard Gelatin Capsule Shells”,
D. All of the above
4. Which of the following plasticizer is preferred in capsule manufacturing,
C. Polyethylene glycol
D. Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose.
5. Gelatin with high bloom strength is used in the manufacturing of,
A. Soft Gelatine Capsules
B. Hard Gelatine Capsules
C. A & B
D. None of the above
6. Capsules are,
A. Unit solid dosage forms
B. Solid dosage form
C. Liquid filling compatible dosage forms
D. All of the above
7. Empty gelatine capsule shell can be made from,
D. All of the above
8. Capsules normally fall into two main categories. Which are they?
A. Hard gelatin capsules and soft gelatin capsules
B. Hard gelatin capsules and layered capsules
C. Soft gelatin capsules and compressed capsules
D. Compressed and layered capsules
9. Empty capsule has a moisture content in the range of
D. 30% 64.
10. Which treatment is used for solubility of gelatin
11. Which of the following is a hydrophobic binder.
D. Polyvinyl pyrrolidone
12. Dissolution Test apparatus no 1 as per IP is:
B. Rotating basket
D. Rotating cylinder
13. The shells of soft gelatin capsules are made elastic or plastic-like, by the addition of
14. The rate of drug bioavailability is most rapid when the drug is formulated as a
A. Controlled release product
B. Hard gelatin capsule
15. __________are solid dosage forms in which drug and/or inert substances are enclosed small water-soluble shell of gelatin.
16. ______is ingredients of opaque hard gelatin capsule.
B. Titanium dioxide
C. Polyhydric alcohol
17. Quality Control Tests for Capsules are
A. Permeability and sealing
C. Weight variation
B. Potency and impurity content.
D. All of above
18. __________should be stored at temperature not exceeding 30°C.
C. Sustain Release Tablet
D. Sublingual tablet
19. Capsule No 5 has approximately capacity.
20. Capsule No 1 has approximately capacity.
21. Type-B gelatin is used for the capsule is derived from_
B. Pork skin
C. Both A and B
D. None of these
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans- It is a unit solid dosage form meant for oral use in which medicament and inert substances are enclosed in a shell or envelope made of gelatin or other suitable material.
What are Hard gelatine capsules?
Ans- Hard gelatine capsules are used for enclosing solid medicament or dry powders of the drug substance. It is also known as a dry-filled capsule. They consist of a cap and body. The cap is short while the body is long.
What is the capacity of Capsule no ‘0″?
What is the Isoelectric point of Type A gelatine?
Ans- Between 7 and 9.
What is the Disintegration time of a soft capsule?
Ans- 60 minute
Type A gelatin is obtained from_______of pork skin
Ans- Acid Treatment
The capsule pass the test of the individual capsule weight is within_____of the average weight.
To prevent dusting during automatic capsule filling called____
Ans- Antidusting Agents
Who is discovered the capsule dosage form?
Ans- The two French scientists, Mothes and Dublane was first introduced to this type of dosage form for drug administration.
What is the objective to make capsule dosage form?
Ans- This dosage form the main object of the Bad taste or bitter medicament administrated orally easily and also helps to protect medicament from atmospheric factors like air, moisture, and light which is responsible for degradation of medicament.
- Liquid Oral Preparations PPT PDF: Solutions, Syrups, Elixirs, Emulsions, Suspensions, and Dry Powder for Reconstitution 2023
- Best Capsules PPT PDF Free Download 2023
- Important IPQC Test for Parenterals: Common Tests and Their Significance 2023
- Ball Mill- Principle, Application, Uses, Critical Speed, Diagram Important Info 2023
- Filtration Pharmacy Notes PPT PDF 2023
- Important Principle, Construction, and Working of Hammer Mill and Ball Mill (2023)